Friday, November 17, 2017

A Personal Thanksgiving

My extended family and I were all very close and I had a great deal of involvement from my cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents.  Today I want to give thanks to two individuals that I probably didn't thank enough at the time.
  
My Aunt Penny took me in many nights of the week and let me stay in their home.  I have great memories of staying up late, watching scary movies and enjoying life there.  She had two daughters of her own, Tori and Mallory.  Tori and I were born 2 months apart and were pretty much inseparable at times. My dad sometimes had go to to work super early and she would let him drop us at her house in the wee hours of the morning to wait until the bus ran to pick us all up.    She would take me along each weekend on family visits and to the mall or whatever excursion she had planned for them, always including me like one of her girls.


My Aunt Vickie (Mouse) was just as accepting.  She also had two children, Eric and Lindsay--Lindsay and I were very close in age and, really Lindsay, Tori and I were together much of the time.  I was always accepted in to her home as one of the family.  Once I fell in the gym and broke my radius.  My dad couldn't be reached (it wasn't yet the age of everyone having a cell  phone), so they got in touch with Vickie to come and get me.  She took me to the doctor so he could evaluate the damage before determining it was truly broken.  We lived out in the country and the whole process took hours.  She still had to drive another long distance to get me to my dad so he could get me to an even further orthopedic doctor.
I never remember these women complaining or not being accepting, loving and inviting and for that I want to thank each of you!  I love you both.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kylie the Tennessee Mermaid

  Announcement time! I've created a new YouTube Channel with fun mermaid videos and, best of all, tips and exercises you can use to live...